Gathering is the action of obtaining items to fill in the Arcane Airship. Items players gather are placed in Storage until they are used to fill the airship.
Gathering to build inventory in Storage: Filling the Airship in the time allotted can be challenging unless you have a good stock of items in storage. There are two ways to gather items for storage or immediate use.
- Send Dragons to gather items. From the left side menu, tap "Gather" to bring up the World Map. The map will show sections. Players unlock each section as they level up. Each section holds items needed to fill the Arcane Airship for its next journey. Tap on the location where you want to gather the item. You will see a list of items that are available to your level. You will need a dragon that matches the traits of that item to gather it. Select the dragon to send it gathering. The amount you are eligable to gather at once varies with the dragon's level. Each item has a cost and a time to gather it. Gathering multiple items will multiply the time and cost.
- Buy and Sell From Sylvia's Trading Post. Tap on Sylvia's Trading Post to bring up three trading options:
- My Market where players can shop for items other players have offered for sale. It is advisable to know what you are looking for before you begin as things move in and out of the market rapidly. When you see an item you want, tap on it. Tapping an item takes you to the trading player's market.
- Shop the World where you can sell items you have in storage. Tap "Create Sale" then the item, quantity, your sale price and advertise.
- Shop Friends where you can trade exclusively with your DVW friends.
See Trading for more on using the Market.
Gathering to fill the Arcane Airship: Tap on the Arcane Airship, then tap on a needed item for the next Airship trip. From there you have a choice. Tap the "Go Gathering" button to send a dragon off to gather the item. Or tap on the "Fill Order" button to use an already gathered item from storage.
Gathering Items by Zone