Gems can be used to speed up the time it takes to:
- Breed dragons.
- Incubate eggs.
- Construct buildings.
- Construct and upgrade Habitats.
- Grow treats.
- Clear obstacles.
- Purchase DragonCash.
- Purchase Double XP Boosts.
- Advertise a second Item in Silvia's Trading Post.
- Land The Arcane Airship.
- Expand your park.
- Gather Items.
In addition, Gems can be used for the the following:
- More Incubation slots.
- Epic Breeding Island.
- Dragonsai Gifting Tree.
- Secondary method of purchasing expansions.
- Purchasing Dragons.
- Removing an item from your market.
- Additional Reward Wheel Spins.
- Completing a purchase when having insufficient .
- Adding insufficient goods to The Arcane Airship.
- Instantly leveling up Dragons.
The purchase price for gems are constant throughout game progression. Gems can be purchased for:
The Bold option indicates the best valued sale.
Promotions in-game that happen when performing a certain action, by leveling up, or by updating the game:
Prices based on USD. The Bold option indicates the best valued sale. Question marks are unknown or guessed values.
- DragonVale World includes a 20 day Gem Boost with 25 per day, cumulatively a better deal than the "Vault of Gems" offer.
- Gems are used to purchase DragonCash and Double XP Boosts instead of real currency in DragonVale World.
- 1 is rewarded every time you unlock a new dragon in the Dragonarium